Tuesday, February 23, 2010

School Website

One of the many Elementary Schools that I attended was Fairwood Elementary in Renton. I visited the school's website. I like how there is not a whole lot of information on the main page. The main page does not seem cluttered or confusing. The main picture on the home page is of a teacher dressed up like the Cat in the Hat. I like that the main page contains information that is easy to find. The address and phone number of the school is at the top of the page. Sometimes, this information is difficult to find on school websites. Upcoming events are also clearly highlighted. There are easy to find links to information about the school on the left side of the page. I also liked how the staff directory was organized by grade or department instead of alphabetical order.

The website is very basic. There is not a lot of flair or special features on it. Therefore, I was not confused by any aspect of the site. I was a little curious as to why there were no school rules listed on the website. However, there were quite a few things missing from the website. There were a couple of links that went to pages that said the information would be "coming soon." Also, there were not a lot of forms under the "forms" link. I would think that there would have been quite a few forms under that link. There were only 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment