Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blogs for Educators

I looked at the website called Emerging Ed Tech. This website detailed many different ways to use new technology in the classroom. It showed how things like twitter could be used with teachers and students. I didn't realize that there are so many different ways to use twitter in a classroom. I always thought that twitter was kind of pointless and a waste of time. I can now see how twitter might be beneficial for students to use. For example, a teacher could ask for suggestions about different lesson plans from other teachers in a quick way. However, if a teacher does use twitter, it should only be used for school related activities. A twitter account should not contain personal posts as well as school related posts.

I'm not sure if I will ever actually use a twitter account. However, if I do, it will only be used as a resource for teaching. It would only be used to communicate with my students and fellow teachers. Also, since I want to teach elementary, I might not use twitter. I'm not sure if young children really need to use technology like facebook and twitter. Some parents would probably not approve of their children using this type of technology.

1 comment:

  1. I would put twitter in a category with cell phones. Both are potential tools that may improve student learning and/or make learning fun for the student, but that doesn't mean that they are tools that every teacher should use. It seems that people who are using twitter find it an important tool for them but I wonder if it is a passing fad until a new cool way to communicate comes along.

    ReplyDelete