Sunday, February 28, 2010
Reflection #3
I am currently in a geography class here at NU. The professor only uses the internet to find online maps and an overhead to show blank maps. Students in that class seem so unengaged with the material that is being taught. I have always liked geography and learning about different places in the world, but I find myself incredibly bored and uniterested in that class. I am also a very visual learner, and am not a good auditory learner. While the professor does show different maps of places, it would be nice to see some images that have to do with specific aspects of the places that he describes. Just showing a picture of a famous landmark or cultural aspects of a place would be something that would benefit myself, personally. Many students need to be able to be engaged in some aspect of the class, especially a class that is two hours long. I think that if more technology was used, then the class would be much more interesting and insightful. There are so many aspects of technology that could be used in my geography class. For example, there are smart board applications that require students to identify different places on a map. In geography class, when we identify places on a map, we just point to a spot on an overhead. I believe that my professor should use different forms of technology in order to keep the students engaged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment