Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Generation IM

I thought that this article was very interesting. Since more and more children are becoming digital natives, it is necessary to start using more technology while teaching. Students will begin to get bored or not see the importance of a lesson if it is not up to date with technology. This article provided several good ideas for using technology in the classroom. I particularly liked the example about using google earth. Projects using google earth would be much more fun for students than finding the same information without using technology.

I can understand the reason why many teachers do not use technology as often. Its not necessarily because they don't know how to do it. It is usually because they do not have time to set it up. Planning lessons that incorporate technology is time consuming. However, as teachers form lessons with technology over the years, they will be able to re-use those lessons. Also, teachers can share their lesson ideas with each other in order to help save in planning time.

Overall, I learned that there is a growing need for teachers to incorporate technology in their teaching strategies. There are more ways than just using a search engine for students to use technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment