Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reflection #2

I recently visited a 1st grade classroom at Jefferson Elementary in Everett. I observed a math lesson. The teacher used a document camera, but no other form of technology. The lesson featured a few card games, so technology was not necessarily needed for the particular lesson that I observed. However, I think that technology could make math lessons more fun and engaging for younger student. There are so many different activities on the smart board that can be used to teach students about math. I think that oftentimes, technology is underutilized in classrooms, especially in math. Math is usually the subject that many students do not like. So, math should be the subject where technology is used quite a bit. Technology usually engages students. There are so many ways in which technology could be used in order to help students learn about math in a fun way. I think that teachers should definitely think about ways in which technology can be used while teaching math so that it is not just working out of a workbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment