Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Reflection #6
Technology is really prevalent in sports. I play volleyball here at Northwest, and our team uses technology a lot. We watch film of other teams before we play them in order to break down what they do and where they have weaknesses. Our team has a stats system that corresponds with the video of teams. Our coach can enter a player's number and find all of the short clips of that person hitting/passing/serving/etc. It is a really neat feature. For example, if I wanted to know where #2 tends to hit the ball, I can find all of the clips of her hitting in one spot. It is really efficient for watching film. You do not have to keep fast forwarding in order to find all of the clips of #2 hitting. It is also a helpful tool for watching yourself play. I can watch myself play and see my tendencies from using the technology. I think that technology that athletes use has really transformed the way that athletes prepare for games. I'm sure that technology for professional athletes or athletes at Division I schools is even more complex. Now, I think that athletes need to focus more on limiting their weaknesses because it is easier for opponents to find them. It has made sports more strategic. Teams must prepare thoroughly if they want to win. I think that technology also helps make athletes better because they can see their own weaknesses and work on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment