Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Caught on Video"

After reading Bob Sparkle's blog "Caught on Video," I have learned that there are so many ways in which videos can be used in the classroom. Videos can be used for practically anything in class. I never considered that a teacher could use a video instead of a parent letter. I think that it is a really good idea to use the videos to document what students know at the beginning of the year/unit and then go back at the end to see what more they have learned or if their questions have been answered. It is a good way to track the progress in a classroom and for students to see how much they have learned.

I think that a video camera would be worth the investment. Cameras can be used by students, as well as teachers. If a student is working on a project that needs to be presented, the student could use a camera in order to present part or all of the project. I think that there are even more ways in which cameras could be used than even Sparkle's blog listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment