I created a delicious account where I stored all of my bookmarked websites. A toolbox is a very helpful thing to have because it organizes all of the websites and articles that a teacher uses or wants to keep handy.
My websites are in the order in which I added them to the account. I decided to not organize them alphabetically because sometimes when you are looking for a specific website, you do not remember the name of it. Sometimes, you only have a general idea of when you last looked at it. That is why I organized my websites by the dates in which they were added. I think that will make them easier to find in the future. Also, I gave all of my websites tags. This way, I can search for a specific tag in order to find the site that I want. For example, I have more math websites than any other subject. If I wanted a website that had math worksheets, I would search for "math" and "worksheets," and every website that I entered with these tags will appear.
I decided to add mostly math sites because that is the topic that I am most interested in. If I decided to teach middle school, I want to teach math. I included some sites for nearly all subjects, though. I also included some general education websites, like the OSPI website, and some articles about teaching.
I think that I will use a toolbox frequently when I am a teacher. It would be helpful to know exactly where to look to find a specific website, if needed. It is a good way to keep websites organized. I will be able to easily share my toolbox with other teachers by emailing the link to them. I think that it might be helpful for a group of teachers to create a joint delicious account. This would be a way to see helpful websites and articles that other teachers are looking at.
One site that I really liked was Fun Brain. This website has been bookmarked over 11,000 times on delicious accounts. It is a website that features different reading and math games. One game that I will probably use from it is the Mad Libs games. All of the games on this website are educational, but also fun. These games would be a fun way for students to review and reinforce different reading and math concepts. I am pretty sure that I will use this website in the future.
Another website that I liked was called Math Playground. This website contains various math games, videos, logic puzzles, and word problems. I especially liked the logic puzzles. There were games such as mancala, sudoku, battleship, and coin weighing. These would be fun and interactive games that could help students to think in a more logical way. These are the type of games that teachers make available for students to play during free time and at recess.
I also bookmarked a website that contained links to various pages. It was called Sites for Teachers. This website has many different sources for worksheets, games and activities. It is a resource for teachers to use in order to find resources and gather ideas. Really, it is a toolbox within itself. I think that I will definitely use this website when I need new ideas or am looking for a worksheet or activity for a particular subject.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment