Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Promethean ActivBoard

Promethean ActivBoard

The Promethean ActivBoard seems like it is just like the smartBoard. It has a lot of the same features as the smart board. The main difference that I noticed is that it is not touch sensitive. You cannot use your finger to write on the board. This has its pros and cons. The pro side of this is that you can actually rest your hand on the board or touch the board without messing up what you are writing. The con side is that you can't just use your finger to erase or write. You have to use the pen. There are many cool devices that can be used with the activboard. It has clickers where students can vote or send in quiz answers. I think that the Activslate is a really cool addition. It is like every student has a small white board. Except, all of the answers appear on the board. I thought that was really cool, but I'm sure it costs schools a lot of money for each student to have one. The Activboard also has pre-made lessons, videos, and activities that teachers can use.

I do not think that I have many questions. Although I would like to know, other than the touch sensitivity, what makes an activboard different from a smartboard?

No comments:

Post a Comment