Monday, March 1, 2010

Reflection #4

I use technology so often in my everyday life. I think that is proven every time the power goes out. I use my computer, cell phone, and ipod on a daily basis. It is very rare if I do not turn my computer on during the day. It seems like I use my computer for almost everything. I use it to communicate with others, search the internet, watch TV, follow my favorite sports teams, and do homework. Every time the power goes out, I have to figure out a way to entertain myself.

I think that this just shows how involved in technology we are. Students in classrooms are the same way. They are so used to using technology, that when they get to the classroom and technology is not being used, they get bored. I think that technology has also shortened our attention spans. I can be checking my email one minute, reading an article online the next, and writing a paper another. We go from one activity to another so quickly when we use computers. It is important to keep this in mind when teaching because teachers need to keep their lessons and activities as brief as possible to avoid having students get bored. Technology helps us communicate and keep tabs on things that are happening around the world. Not using technology is like containing learning to only what is happening in the classroom. Having said all of this, teachers should definitely use technology in the classroom. Students are so involved with technology away from school that it would be a mistake to not incorporate it into the classroom. Also, teachers should use a variety of activities and technological tools in order to keep their students' attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment