Monday, April 26, 2010

Reflection #9

In just a short year, I have been exposed to so many different ways to present information in a classroom. All throughout high school and my first two years of college, I have only used powerpoint to do presentations in class. However, this year, I have used the smartboard, document camera, and videos. I think that by using new sources of technoology, I have been able to make my presentations more engaging and interesting. Instead of just giving a "lecture" type of presentation, I can have classmates watch a video or get involved in a smartboard activity. These developments of technology will be very useful for teachers to use, as well. They will allow students to be more involved in the presentation instead of just listening to a presentation. They also provide a way for students to get out of their seats during a lesson. It is often hard to sit through an entire lesson and still pay attention. Different technologies provide opportunities for students to be actively involved in a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment