Sunday, April 11, 2010
Reflection #8
Today, the pastor at my church used skype in order to talk to a missionary from Haiti during the church service. Its pretty cool that we have the technology to talk to and see other people who are half way across the world. It made me think that skype could be useful in a classroom as well. If students have pen pals, it is possible to bothe write to them, talk to them, and see them. I have seen advertisements where different classes can interact with each other using skype. I also have a friend who goes to school at Georgia Tech. She is in a lot of engineering classes, and her class regularly interacts with people from all across the world using skype. Sometimes, her class will be part of a a class that is happening in other countries. I think that is pretty amazing that we have the technology to do this now. I think that I could use this technology in my own classroom to help students see what other cultures are like and interact with people from other cultures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment