Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Reflection #12

I learned a lot this semester about how blogs or websites can be helpful in a classroom. A class blog or website can help students and parents get aquainted with a teacher before school even starts. Now,teachers are able to present themselves to parents and students before the beginning of the school year. With blogs and websites, teachers have the power to control how they come across to others. They can set the tone for their classrooms through a website or blog. Teachers can also be a tool for teachers to use to post syllabi, classroom rules, assignments, photos, and goals for the year. Websites and blogs have become very useful tools in the classroom. I had only a few teachers who actually used a website when I was in school. However, it was very nice to have a place to go to find homework assignments and notes from the day. I think that teachers should think more seriously about utilizing either a blog or website in their classrooms. I think that I would use a website before using a blog because a website seems more organized. A blog is constantly changing, while a website has different pages that stay the same. Blogs and websites should be used by teachers because they help to keep students and parents informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment