I have learned so much about technology and how I can incorporate technology in a classroom. Before this class, I was practically clueless about any form of technology other than basic functions on the computer. I have used a smart board in high school, but not very much. I have learned so many techniques and programs that I could use in my future classroom. I think that learning about the web 2.0 tools was extremely educational for me. I will definitely be saving a list of web 2.0 tools for future reference. I learned how to use different features on the smart board. I can link pictures, websites, and videos on a smart board presentation.
Also, I know more about word and powerpoint, and how to utilize them in my classroom. I have learned how to use online bookmarking sites like delicious. This will help me to organize websites that I want to use in my classroom. I have learned how to link a presentation to a website using box.com. I have also learned how useful a blog or website could be in a classroom. I have never used a blog before in my life. However, now I know how to set up, use, and maintain a blog. I definitely feel more confident about using technology in the classroom. I feel like I now have a pretty firm foundation of knowledge of technology.
The NETS standard that I focused on this semester was: "Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership." I was able to obtain this standard by taking part in the Technology in Education class. I was able to interact with fellow classmates as I was learning more about technology. Fellow students helped me grow in my knowledge of technology and how to use it. Also, I learned about many different resources that could be used in the classroom. I learned how to use a flip camera, find gallery tools to use in smart board presentations, and learned about different web 2.0 tools. Finally, I have improved my growth in technology by implementing what I have learned. I have practiced using various types of videos, presentations, and tools. Overall, I think that I accomplished my NETS goal. I was able to grow in my knowledge and resourcefullness with technology.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment